Energy Manager Support
Energy managers must prioritize many different tasks. Let Burton Energy Group help you become more effective, so you can handle the big projects that better impact your organization’s energy goals. Below are just some of the Energy Manager Support Services we offer.
Day to Day Account and Reporting Support
Exceptions, Outlier, and Ad Hoc Reporting
- Apply the 80/20 rule to your energy portfolio by investigating energy anomalies, exceptions, and outliers such as high usage, unexplained usage spikes, large decreases, etc.
- Customized performance reporting and ad hoc reporting such as historical usage, demand profiles, etc.
Multi-Site Issue Resolution Services
- Management of issues such as billing exceptions, utility shut-offs, utility correspondence, authorization forms, backflow notice management, etc.
- Standard monthly reporting such as deposit reconciliation, open/close, late fees, waste/recycling.
Yearly Rate Analysis
- You could be paying more than you should for electric and gas. We can verify that your sites are on the appropriate utility account tariff. This can save your firm hundreds of thousands of dollars annually.
- Many municipalities are now requiring property owners and leased tenants to submit mandatory annual energy benchmarking reports. We can ensure annual compliance on a national basis.
- Automated benchmarking and scalable, efficient P.E. verifications for locations eligible for ENERGY STAR®.
Openings, Closings, Deposits
- Manage opening and closings seamlessly from beginning to end. We can work directly with your general contractors, project managers, and utilities and even create process documents for openings and closings, so you have this in their tool box if ever needed in the future.
- Increase your company’s cash flow with improved utility deposit management. In many cases the required utility deposits can be waived or substituted with surety bonds.
Service Address and Account Confirmation
- Confirm that all your site addresses correspond correctly with the utility accounts to ensure that you are paying for only your usage and not your neighbors.
Drive Improved Energy, Water, and Waste Efficiency
Demand and Energy Reduction Programs and Projects
- Prioritize your portfolio for demand reduction projects to maximize ROI such as LED’s, HVAC upgrades and replacements and retro-commissioning audits.
- Develop and implement Water and Trash reduction programs.
- Achieve improved project ROI’s by leveraging various national rebate programs. Maximize available capital dollars for equipment upgrades and facility retro-commissioning. In some markets, Burton has Trade Ally status and can provide our clients with higher incentives than standard utility programs.
- Project management equipment upgrades such as LED’s, HVAC units, VFD’s, etc. We can work on a turnkey process or just certain components of a project. We have experience working well with corporate teams that include finance, real estate, construction, legal, facilities, and bill pay partners.
Awareness Programs and Webinars
- Provide hosted webinars for energy awareness programs that help to drive energy usage down. This is an inexpensive way to lower your energy costs.